Great Resources to Encourage & Equip Widows
Websites for Widows
Widow Might based in Minnesota
Widow Connection based in Chicago, Illinois
Widow LInk based in Alabama
Books for Widows
- Brighter Days Grief is a 501(c)(3) serving grieving families in the state of Minnesota. They provide free grief support resources and services to adults, young adults, teenagers and children who are anticipating or enduring the death of a beloved family member. Through their many partnerships and gracious donors, they tailor compassionate services for each family member including access to grief and trauma support, legal and financial guidance, peer-based connections and youth/family workshops. Their signature program, Embrace-A-Family, provides financial assistance for basic necessities, academic support and youth/family events and activities. Additionally, they work with schools, communities and organizations to ensure grieving families receive compassionate and appropriate support in all settings. For help with logistical questions or concerns, visit the Where to Begin page.
- GriefShare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help.
- Many widows have found peace and healing as they walked alongside others as part of GriefShare.
- You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life.
- GriefShare is open to anyone who is grieving a loss through death.